MNSEA Monthly Meeting - Ethics & Risk Management for Engineers Working in the Public Arena (12/12/23)
Title: Ethics & Risk Management for Engineers Working in the Public Arena
Please note that this is a special 2-hour presentation and a certificate indicating 2 Professional Development Hours will be provided.
- Learn how ethical practice help engineers manage risk.
- Learn how ethical practice protects the public health, safety, and welfare.
- Review updated MN Rules on professionalism and ethics for engineers.
- Learn about the Licensure Board’s Complaint Process.
- Learn how to identify ethical dilemmas in practice both in the office and in the field.
Presenter: Attorney Kristine A. Kubes is principal of Kubes Law Office, PLLC, serving design and construction professionals through all stages of a project – from contracts to payment issues, liens, and defense of professional liability claims. She is a litigator admitted to argue cases before the U.S. Supreme Court. She is a mediator, and educator on construction, design, and ethics issues. Kristine is a Past National Chair of the American Bar Association Forum on Construction Law. She is a former Board member of ACEC-MN and served as a public member on the MN Board of AELSLAGID from 2006-2013, during which she served two terms as Board Chair from 2009-2011. www.kubeslaw.com