Director of Public Engagement
Director of Public Engagement
Forge ahead with WSB. WSB was founded on the understanding that culture drives results and we’ve dedicated ourselves to the value of strong relationships, collaboration and forward-thinking ideas. We’ve inspired each other to discover thoughtful and creative solutions that look beyond the needs of today to the opportunities of tomorrow. We invite you to forge ahead with us.
What You Will Do: WSB is seeking a Director of Public Engagement to lead, assemble, collaborate with, and support teams of company personnel and a diverse array of public and community representatives to provide a comprehensive strategic approach to public engagement.
The primary duties of this position include:
- Manage and deliver public involvement, public relations, communications campaigns in excess of $1 million
- Working closely with political appointees and officials
- Lead and develop internal public engagement staff
- Develop comprehensive communications plans for large complex transportation or public projects.
- Work with clients, media and staff to handle emergency and routine events
- Research and develop key points for emergency and routine events
- Direct, delegate, prioritize, manage, supervise and perform the work of subordinates
- Plan, coordinate, facilitate and manage the communications, outreach, and public involvement activities for plans and projects of varying size
- Lead media campaigns including key message construction and delivery
- Lead and create social media and digital campaigns that create authentic and targeted online engagement with stakeholders
- Strategically develop project literature, both written and electronic
- Employ innovative community engagement techniques to reach a broad audience of stakeholders. This person will coordinate, organize, and facilitate formal and informal meetings, workshops, open houses, focus groups, coordinate marketing materials and gather data as needed.
- Manage client contacts, client satisfaction, and cultivate client relationships
What You Will Bring
Qualified candidates will have the following background:
- A four-year degree; preferably in communications, marketing, planning, urban studies, or related field
- Minimum of 10 years of applicable experience
- Strong written and verbal communications skills necessary to interact with a variety of audiences
- Experience in outreach strategies which are sensitive to cultural diversity and political situations
- Experience developing multi-channel content including social media, digital content strategy, management and storytelling
- Proven ability to develop and manage relationships with media targets and reporters
- Executive presence with an ability to work effectively and collaboratively within complex organizations
- Available to work some evenings and weekends
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
Our preferred candidates will also have the following:
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign
- Experience in implementing social media and digital campaigns
- Public relations and knowledge of media relations
- Previous public engagement activities within the public sector
- Public Relations Agency experience
- Knowledge of Civil Engineering or Transportation services
Who We Are: WSB is a design and consulting firm specializing in engineering, community planning, environmental, and construction services. We provide solutions for the places, spaces and systems that support our lives. We offer services in more than 30 complementary areas across the nation.
WSB does not accept resumes from third parties.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.