Emmons & Olivier Resources, Inc. (EOR) is a multi-disciplinary environmental and engineering firm with offices in the Midwest and Canada that specializes in:
WATER – watersheds + water resources
ECOLOGY – ecosystems + natural resources
COMMUNITY – civil engineering, landscape architecture + planning
EOR has an exciting opportunity for a Proposal Coordinator within our Business Development Support team, in our St. Paul office. The right candidate has a passion for writing, editing and formatting professional marketing documents. Are you extremely detail-oriented and enjoy working with diverse teams across the company to deliver marketing materials on time and on budget? Proposals can be challenging with tight deadlines, and often multiple edits are needed on a single document. If you enjoy high-pressure team challenges that result in a tangible end-product, possess superior communication skills, and are motivated by providing excellent service, then proposal coordination could be just the position for you!
- Work directly with marketing leadership to develop leads, prepare proposals and presentations, and coordinate business strategies
- Development of compelling, professional visual design to market, communicate and educate clients, the public and other stakeholders about EOR capabilities
- Responsible for review and quality control of proposals: edits proposal content for readability, consistency, clarity, and compliance with client requirements (using EOR branding guidelines)
- Interpret and distill highly technical information for mainstream audiences
- Maintain marketing database and assist project managers in the development of high quality standard marketing content
The Right Candidate Will
- Possess excellent writing/editing skills, and have an eye for detail and aesthetically pleasing page layouts, within the framework of brand guidelines.
- Able to provide evidence of high level proofreading skills through appropriate coursework, writing sample, or from a professional or educational reference.
- Have proficiency with the Microsoft Office software and graphics programs. It is preferred that the right candidate will also have experience with processes such as high-volume printers/photocopiers, binding machines, and online document retention procedures.
- Associate’s degree with at least two years of full-time professional writing/editing/proofreading experience, or a Bachelor’s degree with some writing/editing/proofreading experience in an office setting.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), and Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
- Completion of college-level English or technical writing coursework is required.
- Social Media acumen
Qualified candidates should e-mail or mail a letter of interest and résumé (including 3 references with current contact information) to Barbara Lind at email@example.com.
Closing Date: Friday September 20th, 2019
EOR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.