Civil Engineer - Project Manager
Sambatek, Inc. is a professional services firm that specializes in engineering, planning, surveying, and environmental services. We serve public and private clients throughout Minnesota, Texas, and across the country. We embrace challenging projects and work hard to help our clients find success. As a people-first employer, we offer flexible work schedules and the opportunity to choose your work location– remote or in-office– as your work allows.
The Project Manager position is an opportunity to work directly with clients and the other project disciplines with the Residential Land Development team. Based on your experience, you may serve as a Project Manager or serve as a transition from Project Engineer to Project Manager. You will have an opportunity to continue to strengthen your design experience while gaining new management experience. This is a tremendous opportunity for the right person to help continue the expansion of our Land Development team.
Work Location: Can be 100% remote; if local, can be hybrid- in-office as needed for client meetings and team interactions
Qualified candidate will:
- Possess strong design fundamentals and deliver complete documents at project milestones
- Assist Project Managers with design coordination between architects, Grading Contractors, Geotech, and other disciplines
- Represent Sambatek at meetings with cities, clients, and external project team members
- Assist in preparation of proposals for new project opportunities
- Manage project scope, schedule, and budget
- Provide day-to-day guidance to project team staff
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in Minnesota
- 3-7 years of consulting experience in land development (residential development preferred)
- Driven to exceed expectations and win over clients
- Effective written and verbal communication is necessary and independent judgment
- Good mentoring skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to change focus quickly during a typical day
- Positive and solution-oriented approach to problems
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Work is primarily performed in an office environment
- Ability to occasionally move equipment/objects weighing up to 10 pounds
Sambatek, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. We select candidates without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military status, and any other category protected by law.