Executive Director, American Council of Engineering Companies of Minnesota (ACEC/MN)
ACEC/MN, a trade association representing nearly 150 firms with over 7,500 employees, and the leading business practice and policy advocate for consulting engineering firms in Minnesota, is seeking an Executive Director to lead the organization. ACEC/MN places a high priority on advocating, demonstrating engineering value and transforming engineering workforce/technologies.
ACEC/MN is seeking an Executive Director who is dynamic, forward-thinking and visionary. This individual has the drive and energy to help ACEC/MN firms improve the industry and fulfill its mission and strategic priorities, while maintaining the organization’s values and culture. This individual will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the organization and operating in an efficient and effective manner in order to meet strategic goals. In this role, The Executive Director will be the face of the organization, working closely with the Board of Directors, members, lobbyists, government officials, other advocacy groups, as well as business leaders.
- Implement strategic plans created in partnership with the Board of Directors.
- Create an adaptable and transparent culture.
- Communicate clearly and regularly with member firms.
- Provide oversight, management and administration of the organization. This will include activities relating to advocacy, staff and consultant supervision, budget management, educational programming, member services, communications/publications, surveys, and other services relevant to the organization’s mission and strategic plan.
- Develop positive relationships with members, strategic partners and government officials
- Address challenges in the internal and external environment to protect, advocate for, and advance the engineering industry.
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations related to the organization.
- Encourage active membership and promote engagement in organizational activities.
- Recruit members to participate the organization
- Bachelor’s degree
- Understanding of advocacy group strategies and performance metrics
- Demonstrated ability to successfully implement strategic plans
- Excellent administrative and interpersonal skills
- Ability to recruit, retain and inspire a high-functioning staff
- Master’s degree in business administration or engineering-related field
- Previous experience as an Executive Director for a similar organization
- Experience working with the consulting engineering industry
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in management and governance
- Relationships with the executive branch leadership of state government, allied organizations, state and federal legislators and the Minnesota business community,
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please email your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
All inquiries will be kept confidential to the extent permitted by law.